- Wren Kitchens has pulled together some delicious no bake recipes, perfect for the upcoming heatwave
- From veggie tacos to fresh salads, these recipes will keep both you and your kitchen cool whilst the sun is shining
With a heatwave expected in the UK over the upcoming weeks, Brits will be looking for refreshing meals to keep them cool in the hot weather. And while barbeques can be the perfect choice for when the sun is shining, they can be time consuming and not practical for those looking for quick and easy mid-week meals.
With this in mind, Wren Kitchens has pulled together some delicious ‘no-bake’ recipes that will keep both you and your kitchen cool in the hot weather. From fresh salads to veggie tacos, these quick and easy recipes will allow you to enjoy the sunshine without worrying about cooking in the heat.
Fresh black bean salad
- 2 cans of black beans
- 1 chopped yellow or red pepper
- 180g of chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 chopped small red onion
- 1 chopped chilli
- 2tbsp of lime juice
- 60ml of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 sliced avocado
- ½ teaspoon salt & pepper, to taste
- Start by slicing up your vegetables into small chunks and drain your cans of black beans.
- Combine all your ingredients into a large salad bowl and mix.
- Add seasoning as desired, for more flavour increase the amount of lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy.
Spicy prawn salad
For the prawns:
- 150g cooked king prawns
- 2tsp chipotle paste
- ½ juiced lime
- 1tsp of olive oil
For the salad:
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ lime juice
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1 cubed avocado
- 100g mango
- 3 spring onions
- 250g mixed grains
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss your prawns in the chipotle paste, lime juice and olive oil and leave to marinade for one hour.
- Meanwhile, mix together the chilli, oil and lime juice into a bowl.
- Drain your grains into a sieve and pour over kettle water to soften them.
- Serve up your grains into a bowl and top with the marinated prawns, spring onions, mango and avocado.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Quick and easy veggie Tacos
- 4 soft taco shells
- ½ can of mixed beans
- ½ chopped red onion
- ½ sliced avocado
- ½ sliced tomato
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2tbsps of lime juice
- A small handful of coriander leaves
- Drain your mixed beans and chop up your vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix all your ingredients into a bowl.
- Place your ingredients into the soft taco shells, squeeze on the lime juice and garnish with coriander.
For more inspiration on delicious recipes visit: https://www.wrenkitchens.com/blog/category/recipes